Join our Team - Programs & Communication Officer
Zoukak Theatre is seeking a Programs and Communication Officer whose primary focus is the successful implementation of Zoukak’s programs and communication strategy. The officer will work closely with the artistic directors and the executive team members, requiring effective coordination across various disciplines with an artistic vision.
Deadline to apply: October 27th, 2023 before midnight
Starting date: January 8th, 2024
Download the full job description: Programs & Communication Officer
To apply: Answer the questions and upload your resume here
- Ensure the successful implementation of Zoukak's programs (training, mentorship, residencies, etc, ) and projects on the run.
- Collaborate with artistic directors to design program elements (dates, calls & applications).
- Prepare the launch of the program:
- Create the call
- Create the application form
- Launch the call on the website and social media platforms.
- Handle inquiries and provide support to applicants.
- Close the call and prepare selection sheets, including pre-assessment of applications.
- Ensure the selection process occurs on time and assist in the process as needed (e.g., setting up interviews, and auditions).
- Implement the process and communicate with applicants regarding acceptance/rejection.
- Coordinate the program’s implementation and logistics.
- Design, implement, and collect Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) indicators, such as surveys, attendance sheets, agreements with participants, videos, photos, and interviews.
- Archive all data related to the program in soft and hard copies.
- Monitor activity budgets and adhere to administrative guidelines and budget requirements.
- Contribute to proposal writing & fundraising for current and new programs.
- Liaise with the artistic directors or guest artists to collect communication information (synopsis, poster, etc.) and prepare the communication materials (visuals, description, etc.).
- Customize preset communication templates to fit program details and collaborate with graphic designers when necessary.
- Update Zoukak’s Website.
- Implement Zoukak's communication strategy on social media platforms following established guidelines and templates (creation of posts, posting, boosting, etc.).
- Generate newsletters using existing templates.
- Launch programs online on the website, media platforms, WhatsApp messages, newsletters, and targeted emails if applicable, and utilize boosting when necessary.
- Manage media platforms (Vimeo, Soundcloud, YouTube).
- Create press releases and contribute to the press relationship.
- Produce reels and other teasers & captions to promote programs, events, and activities.
- Manage ticketing when needed by launching events on the website/ticketing platforms and managing ticket availability online.
- Handle inquiries about programs, events, and activities through emails, social media, and calls.
- Produce content portfolios for programs and performances and liaise with graphic designers as needed.
- Coordinate tasks with external parties involved in communication efforts, such as audiovisual consultants, photographers, proofreaders, editors, translators, etc.
- Archive all communication-related data in soft and hard copies.
- Update Zoukak’s contacts’ list & audience data.
- Contribute to the venue's events management as a backup to the Production & Operations Coordinator when needed.
Reporting, and Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Produce narrative reports for programs, projects, events, and other activities.
- Design and implement M&E plans as per available guidelines (data type, data collection, evaluation, etc.).
- Collect and aggregate Monitoring and evaluation Indicators for all Zoukak programs, events, and activities, in addition to coordinating input from colleagues and ensuring global M&E sheets are filled accordingly.
- Analyze Monitoring and evaluation data.
- Prepare content for Zoukak’s "Activities Report" and liaise with Graphic Designers to produce the annual activity report as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in cultural management, project management, communication arts, or any related field.
- Interest & several years of experience in project coordination, management, and communication.
- Interest & experience in the cultural field.
- Computer skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of Google Drive and Google Docs (calendar, spreadsheets, forms, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in Adobe Suite (PDF reader, Illustrator, Indesign) is a plus
- Language skills
- Very good command of English and Arabic
- French is a plus
- Writing skills
- Active Listening
- Active curiosity ie. the ability and habit to apply a sense of wonder and a desire to learn more
- Collaboration, and ability and willingness to work in a team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Initiative and innovation
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Real interest in the arts and knowledge in theatre, in particular, is a plus