Generation Z - Mentorship Program 2023
Call for Applications:
Generation Z – Mentorship program 2023
Zoukak is looking for the next generation of theatre makers residing in Lebanon, wishing to take their first steps in the performing arts field.
If you are between 13 and 19 years old, apply now!
Fill in and submit the application form in your preferred language by the 18th of May 2023.
For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the full call here!
We are launching the third edition of “Generation Z”, a mentorship program for young artists aged between 13 and 19 years old, with a theatre project in mind and the desire to develop it.
The program aims to accompany the selected artists on their journey, by providing them with follow-up from Zoukak mentors, capacity-building workshops, a space to work in, and a grant to support their projects. The program will conclude with each artist presenting their performance as a finished work or a work-in-progress.
Supported projects can range from playwriting to the production of a finished performance (theatre, dance, multidisciplinary performance …). The program aims to support projects that would be the first professional experience of the artist applying.
About the program:
The selected participants will be led by Zoukak mentors throughout the production of their desired projects from conception to execution, with regular one-on-one sessions. Zoukak’s team will also provide the young artists with technical, administrative, and production support. Additionally, each artist will receive a grant to help cover some costs of their creation process.
During the program, and through regular working sessions over 3 months, the artists will be provided with the following:
- Artistic mentoring;
- Capacity-building work sessions;
- Support to the production plan and execution;
- A space for creating and rehearsing their work;
- Support for the presentation of a work-in-progress;
- A grant of up to 50,000,000 L.L to support the production costs.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- To be aged between 13 and 19 years old;
- To be residing in Lebanon (applicants can be of any nationality or background);
- To be working on their first professional project;
- To be willing to share their process and accept guidance and constructive criticism, showing openness and cooperation;
- To have a concrete idea for a project they wish to realize;
- To be flexible and able to adapt their work process in response to emerging crises and restrictions.
Supported by: Drosos Foundation and Sigrid Rausing Trust