APPLY NOW - Zoukak’s Theatre Mentorship Program and Production Support Grant
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Zoukak’s Theatre Mentorship Program and Production Support Grant
Deadline for applications: 12 July 2020, at midnight.
Fill in the application form in your preferred language (English or Arabic) and send it along with the supporting documents to: email@example.com
Selected artists will be notified by the 27th of July.
Zoukak is launching the 3rd edition of the “Theatre Mentorship Program and Production Support Grant”. The program aims to develop the artistic skills of two emerging theatre makers residing in Lebanon, through continuous and thorough follow up on their practice, leading up to a final performance or open studio presentation in Zoukak Studio.
Two artists will be selected to benefit from this program. They will be led by Zoukak mentors to the completion of their desired projects from conception to execution, while sharing their work processes through regular sessions. Zoukak will also provide the selected artists with technical, administrative and production support.
They will benefit from Zoukak Studio as a space to work in, and will be granted 2500$ to help in the creation of their performance.
During the mentorship program, and through regular working sessions over the course of 4 to 6 months, the artists and their collaborators will be provided with the following:
- Artistic mentoring through regular observation, feedback sessions and meetings;
- Support to the production plan: planning the project’s timeline; defining the goals and the needed material and human resources for their completion; designing the different phases of creation; writing the production file; developing the project’s needed budget; identifying potential collaborators as needed;
- Use of Zoukak Studio for rehearsals in accordance with the studio’s schedules;
- Use of Zoukak’s technical material as available;
- An open studio presentation in the presence of a chosen audience;
- Support in the design and implementation of the communication strategy;
- Work-in-progress presentation or final performance presented in Zoukak Studio where the artists will benefit from networking opportunities with local festival and venue directors and professionals from the performing arts field;
- Additionally, participants can attend events organized by Zoukak throughout the year (workshops, public talks, performances, etc.) as available.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- To be an emerging artist working in the theatre field since at least 2 years;
- To be residing in Lebanon (applicants can be of any nationality or cultural background);
- Having previously realized at least one theatre project is important (whether as a collaborator or a leader);
- To be willing to share their process and accept guidance and constructive criticism, showing flexibility and cooperation;
- To have a concrete idea for a theatre project they wish to realize, and a vision on how they wish to develop their artistic practice as a whole.
Previous editions of Zoukak’s Theatre Mentorship Program and Production Support Grant
First Edition of the Mentorship Program
January - November 2018.
Selected Artists: Line Itani and Lena Osseyran
Mentored by: Maya Zbib and Omar Abi Azar
Their projects were presented once at Zoukak Studio as open studios followed by a discussion, and another time within Focus Liban in November 2018, to an audience of international theatre professionals.
Second Edition of the Mentorship Program
July 2018 - January 2019.
Selected Artists: Hassan al Malla and Anas Younes
Mentored by: Maya Zbib and Junaid Sarieddeen
They presented their works-in-progress within Focus Liban in November 2018 to an audience of international theatre professionals, and later presented readings of final works in January 2019 at Zoukak studio.